After eagerly waiting for this movie release the day is finally here!
Tonight I’ll be taking myself on a movie date to see Tony by director Matt Johnson and I’m so beyond excited :’) it will be my drive for the day, such a fun thing to look forward to ♡︎
This movie is based around the memoir by Anthony Bourdain titled Kitchen Confidential: Adventures In The Culinary Underbelly in which Bourdain tells his early tales of his chef life giving a glimpse into his time in the restaurant business, how it was operated and the parts he played.
I had the privilege of being able to purchase and read a physical copy as well as listen to the audiobook Bourdain recorded himself reading and if anyone has interest in ingesting this book the audiobook is my recommendation! Hearing him read it was way more entertaining♥︎
Definitely thanking my mum for introducing me to him, growing up watching his shows on the travel channel and food network was one of my favorite memories with her and as an adult I’ve come full circle now watching the same entertainment as an adult xD my love for his unique personality hasn’t wavered haha
Only a few hours to go :’) best believe my review will be on letterboxd later this evening ;)
I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! I think I'm seeing it tonight
ReplyDeleteSorry for such a late response! But the film was fantastic! The writing, directing, the score and music, beautifully executed 🖤
Delete