Friday, September 11, 2026

Y2K Nostalgia

September always brings out the fall nostalgia in me and I have been so enamored with the Y2K life aesthetic and coffee shop vibes , the warm atmosphere it gives and the thought of living in the early 2000’s and going into a locally owned shop or a Starbucks coffee shop when it had true character and real welcoming qualities. 
Just the thought of a more authentic simplified experience is so welcoming and sounds so refreshing. Almost like time moves a little slower so you can enjoy the moment.

I can see it now! Wearing my comfiest sweater, yoga pants, converse, and carrying a canvas bag packed with all of the daily essentials : Wired headphones and a portable music player whether it’s a CD or tape player, a book or few, a journal or two to write down all of my thoughts for the day, random daily essentials and a wallet with mostly cash and a change purse instead of cards. 

What a dream it would’ve been living in a world where there was more simplicity, warmth and more human connection when technology didn’t rule most of life’s existence and experience. 

But I’m always trying to channel that in my every day life  and to help with the FOMO of living in a different time, I made a mood board and playlist to fit this mood ★

This playlist mood board:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Y2K Nostalgia

September always brings out the fall nostalgia in me and I have been so enamored with the Y2K life aesthetic and coffee shop vibes , the war...