Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2026

August Recap

August was a blur and time needs to slow down a little :’)

I am so happy September is here but my brain can’t comprehend how we’re here already! This is my favorite time of the year and I am curious to see what the Autumn season will bring ♥︎ only 21 days until the Equinox! 

With finding new music and old favorite songs, my listening minutes have definitely been progressively going up. I can for sure say The Thread by Willow and the Untitled.jpeg live by Jessie Mazin were easily my most listened albums and artists for August. I know for how much these albums touched my heart and soul they will keep in rotation for quite a while longer:) 
An honorable mention goes to an incredible Cd find while physical media hunting, finally tracked down the Fox Animated Studios soundtrack for Anastasia! 

Reading physical literature was far and few between this month but I successfully finished Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain :’) I will probably make a separate post about it but I enjoyed it so very much. I specifically read this to prepare for the A24 film Tony, directed by 
Matt Johnson. Growing up I was inspired and infatuated with Anthony Bourdain watching his shows so now reading his book(s) and watching the adaptation of Kitchen Confidential its a perfect example of your childhood interests following you into adulthood. I guess with saying that it can also be applied to comic books as well :) the comic of many from this month, I thoroughly enjoyed this addition of Web of Spider-Man! This comic is from 1985 and was in pristine condition and I was so excited to add it to my comic collection. I do have to say it was hard picking a favorite since I found so many treasures comic book hunting this month super enjoyed the artwork and color saturation of the pages, I truly believe that comics before 1999 our superior. 

I didn’t do too much movie watching this month, especially in the theater, but I at least kept up with logging new watches to Letterboxd! I went to see Tony in the theater twice and definitely made me cry more than that :’) I was very touched by the way that Johnson put together the film. Visuals, the vibe, the soundtrack just incredible storytelling. I will Be looking out for it on DVD to add to my library! The new avatar film and hoppers were very enjoyable, after waiting such a long time for new Avatar the Last Airbender media it was well worth the wait:) I hope they continue making stories within that universe♥︎ hoppers is not at all what I expected it to be, but it was still a cute movie nonetheless and a lot of the messages they tried to portray I hope we’re being listened to.

Been chefin it up at home, learning how to make new dishes and new techniques! The August star dish is Ratatouille! I love love love the Pixar film Ratatouille and I’ve always wanted to make the dish so I took it upon myself to gather all the ingredients and make one of the best meals I’ve ever cooked♥︎ I wished I made more time to cook and bake then August launched me right into it! Realigning my life and priorities to include more food creating and knowledge! 

On to September! 

No comments:

Post a Comment